Sunday, June 24, 2012

Absence

My internet at home is incredibly spotty. I've been trying to figure out how to maintain a signal, but nothing's worked so far. I can (and have been) reading the blogs easily enough, but posting things has been a bit of a hassle. And of course, I won't actually call customer service or tech support to fix the issue because, well, that would make sense.

My life on the other end of the screen has been boring more or less. I'm still struggling with being out of school and having so much time on my hands, but not exactly doing anything with it. I read, god do I read, whatever I can get my hands on. I still go out and visit with friends, which is always nice. And I work. My job offered me a more stable part-time position with them, which means my hours will be set in stone (I'll be pulling in a more respectable check, but I'll still need another job), and I get to learn the Adobe Creative Suite with them, which I think is awesome. I have the manuals to go along with the Suite, but it's really hard to concentrate on them at home. I'll retain certain background facts just fine (like stuff about vector v. bitmap graphics), but application stuff (like hot keys and the like) don't stick. I need to be able to do it while I'm learning it.

Sexually, I've been incredibly uninterested as of late. I just have no romantic or sexual interest in people right now. I still get excited and get off, but it's more like taking a bath or eating -- something I do because I need to. I still enjoy doing it, of course, but it's not a major thing. Even so, I've been having some very vivid submissive fantasies thanks in part to all the Domme blogs I read. And to top it all off, I got hit with a whip. Of course I enjoyed it, but it confused the hell out of me that my friend actually did it. I wonder what goes through that girl's head sometimes. I did finally ask her just how much I could touch her because the guessing game is really beginning to annoy me, but I haven't gotten a response. I find it so strange that of all of the people I know she would be the one I'd have the most trouble with regarding physical closeness.

I really want to learn a skill so I can get more interesting jobs. Right now, my mind is set on being a film editor. I like the idea of arranging images together to make a story. Luckily enough, the skills to be a film editor are transferable between film, television, and news so I wouldn't have to worry about a job as much. I just don't know how to get those skills except to go back to school. I would prefer to do an apprenticeship with an established company and learn through them, but everyone wants an experienced person. Actually, I would probably have time to do an internship now. I'll have to look into it. It would probably get me out of this pitying mood as well.

I'm going to post this before my internet boots me off again.
~R.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! We've been thinking of you and we're pleased to see that you're well, even if life is boring at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete